Friday, October 21, 2011

Watch: Friends - "Im his Girl" Music Video

A while back we posted a funky little cover of "My Boo" by the band Friends, admittedly due to our previous infatuation with Balam Acab's exhumation and susequent rework of the original track by the Ghostown DJs.  Now, however, we are excited about the band's own work which is unique and querky in its own right.  The video for the track "I'm his Girl" directed by and starring the band's charming lead-singer Samantha Urbani features one of the catchiest basslines we've heard in ages.  Furthermore, the lyrics focus on finding that balance in a relationship between maintaining one's independence ("I know I don't want no one suffocating me, don't settle for ownership make it deep") and belonging to each other ("so when you see me walking around with him, I'm not just another chic, I'm...his girl"), which is something most of us can identify with. Watch the video to this catchy indie-bounce pop track below:


No comments:

Post a Comment