Tuesday, January 10, 2012

At the Drive-In Reunite

Looks like one of my all time favorite bands have reunited for some shows in 2012. In 2009, founding At the Drive-In member Cedric Bixler-Zavala teased a possible band reunion, explaining they'd been "making amends" something I have heard at least once a year every year from common friends but now it's actually happening.  The band's website reads, "ATTENTION ! To whom it may concern: AT THE DRIVE-IN will be breaking their 11 year silence. THIS STATION IS .... NOW ....OPERATIONAL."  Referring to a lyric from the seminal Relationship of Command LP. They've also have begun Tweeting again.

The boys are set to play two dates at Coachella this year, April 15th and 22nd but there is no word on a new album or material in general.  I kind of have mixed feelings about this, I’ve never met a bigger fan of the band than myself, I was petty obsessed with all their records and have seen them live many times so I prefer to keep the memory as is. It is  interesting to see the extent  of all the love, something that always existed but became much more apparent after they broke up.  I remember when they were around and touring on the regular I couldn’t even  give tickets away for free due of the lack of interest from most people although those that were fans were always hardcore in showing it!

At The Drive-In Website Intro from MONDIAL on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment