Thursday, March 22, 2012

James Jean Designs New Talib Kweli LP Cover

Occasionally an artist I enjoy teams up with a musician I enjoy to produce an album cover.  AJ Fosik was responsible for Mastodon’s last album art for example and today we are going to take a look at LA based artist, James Jean’s, art work for Talib Kweli’s forthcoming LP, Prisoner of Conscious. In a day and age where most people just grab their music digitally the LP sleeve is not as appreciated as much as it once was so it’s always great when something like this pops up. Jean’s intricate style works super well on this one, the end result is quite striking, drawing me in instantly, hopefully James has contributed to the overall package design for this release because I love what I see so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment