Saturday, March 3, 2012

Listen: Arcade Fire - "Abraham's Daughter" (The Hunger Games OST)


The Arcade Fire are contributing to T Bone Burnett’s soundtrack for the forthcoming film epic, The Hunger Games (which is based on the über-popular young adult book series). “Abraham’s Daughter” is the first of two new songs the band has recorded for the soundtrack, listen to it below….

Talking to Entertainment Weekly, Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler said this of the song…

“I tried to put myself in the headspace of how excited I’d be if this film was coming out when I was 15. I still remember hearing Radiohead’s “Exit Music (for a Film)” in Romeo + Juliet when I was that age… Our whole approach was to get into the world and try to create something that serves the story and the film. There’s something in the story of Abraham and Isaac that I think resonates with the themes in the film, like sacrificing children. So we made a weird, alternate-universe version of that, where it’s as if Abraham had a daughter — kind of a metaphor for [the movie's hero] Katniss.”

No comments:

Post a Comment