Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Video: Run The Jewels – “Oh My Darling (Don't Cry)”

Run The Jewels teams up again with Timothy Saccenti  to continue their onslaught on the music biz with yet another new video to share with their fans. “Oh My Darling (Don't Cry)” is a  little more straight forward than the scripted visuals for “Blockbuster Night Part 1,” dropping a clear narrative for some slightly trippy drug induced footage of the two emcee’s rapping.

Am I the only one who is starting to think this whole Run The Jewels praise from everyone is as late as late can be? Remember when the U.S. finally fell in love with Daft Punk a good 15 plus years after everyone else did? Both these emcee’s have been releasing quality music for years yet it would seem that only now the mass public is on board, great for them but it’s all a bit strange when I see Killer Mike on CNN talking Fergeson more than I see him on TV spitting rhymes. Again both Jaime and Mike deserve the praise and have interesting things to say, I just hope these people are around once the public has moved on to their next obsession, or perhaps I’m the type of guy who would prefer if they just left now?

No comments:

Post a Comment