Sunday, February 1, 2015

Onomatopoeia's Best Music of 2014


Welcome to Onomatopoeia’s year-end best of 2014, I am a little late but still here so thanks for the patience.  I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record but 2014 truly was an abysmal year for music. To be fair it wasn't so much a bad year for music as it was for the album format. To say it was difficult for me to even compose a list of thirteen would be a huge understatement.

My process usually begins around September, I try and get the ball rolling and start making a list with what I've really enjoyed in the months leading up to this moment. I had something like seven albums listed with only three months to go.  So rather than force a full list I made sure to go back to everything I remember enjoying but not necessarily loving and re-exploring them in greater detail. In the end I did find thirteen releases that I felt happy with along with a solid honorable mentions section.

For those who frequent this space most of the material should be familiar, I don't know if there are too many surprises but as always I hope some of you get something new out of it.

1 comment:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing... Camp Fire Sounds

    ReplyDelete