Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Video: Doomtree – “Gray Duck’

The new Doomtree record, All Hands, slays, there isn’t a track on it that I don’t like, actually I straight up LOVE at least ten of the thirteen tracks, which is saying a lot considering their last LP, No Kings, didn’t really do it for me.  I would say All Hands is a straight up mixture of the Minnesota collective’s self titled record and No Kings, a better mix of the commercial pop hooks and “arty” hip hop, there is a whole lot of energy throughout.  The first video was directed by AndrewMelby for “Gray Duck,” a reference to a regional version of the children’s game “Duck Duck Gooose” which should help explain the masks. Make note of Sims' line towards the end which should make some people smile...

"I' really real, half Built to Spill half Kill at Will."


No comments:

Post a Comment