Monday, September 21, 2015

Listen: Meow the Jewels - "Oh My Darling Don’t Meow"

Clearly I’m not posting as much as I used to, simply put I’ve just become a little more selective. I’m sure now that winter is around the corner again I’ll be spending more time in front of the computer screen, my loss will be your gain in theory.

Last week Killer Mike and El-P shared another Meow The Jewels tune from the forthcoming remix project due out by the end of September. Just Blaze take’s on “Oh My Darling Don’t Cry” turning it into “Oh My Darling Don’t Meow.” It’s another winner for sure but misses some of that brilliant playfulness that Boots captured when he manned the deck for “Meowrly.” The cat sounds could be a lot higher in the mix and there could be more of them but that’s just me nitpicking at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment