Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Video: Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Dirty Thoughts (Documentary)

When I was in University I worked for the school paper reviewing albums, one issue I reviewed both Dr. Dre’s 2001 Chronic and Ol’ Dirty Bastard Nigga Please. Even though it’s been ten years I still vividly recall a debate I had with several of my classmates over giving ODB’s LP an “A” vs. the “B” I gave Dr. Dre’s LP. I’m glad I defended my position because in hindsight it’s clear to see that Ol’ Dirty Bastard was one of the most charismatic, unique rappers ever, his flow was one of a kind and I still regularly give his records a spin. As for the good Dr.? I still dig Dre but I haven’t thought or cared about 2001 Chronic since 2001.   Enjoy the documentary below that takes a look behind Ol’ Dirt and his music.
R.I.P. ODB

No comments:

Post a Comment