Thursday, July 7, 2011

Video: Warpaint - "'Warpaint"

Warpaint, who coincidently have what I think is one of the best band names out there, just released the latest video for their self titled track of the same name.
Director Ted Newsome  had this to say:
I have always wanted to shoot a video for Warpaint, so I was excited when they asked me to submit treatments. One of my ideas involved this elaborate story that led into a parallel world underwater. I sat down with the girls, and we immediately scrapped the whole first half of the video and brainstormed ideas. We came up with four points of entry to the magical water world, and each member of the band created her own character. We all agreed that the surface world would be void of color and unstable and underwater would be vibrant, dreamy and fluid. A few days later, we shot for three days straight, and the video was in the can.”
Watch teh video below. Warpaint’s The Fool is out via Rough Trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment