Monday, July 8, 2013

Video: KAWS redesigns MTV's Moonman

Kaws recently shared some footage of his redesigned MTV Moonman for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards which will be held in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center come August 25h.  This is the first time the silver spaceman has been altered in its 30 years but doesn't mark a permanent change as there is no plan to make the face-lift the standard for the next 30 years.

"That's what I liked about the project; I wouldn¹t want to redesign it for history, I like the idea that at this moment, this first time in Brooklyn, the Moonman's going to change," he said. "I like the fact that, 40 or 60 artists will win this piece, and the majority won't know anything about my work. [And] I'm sure you'll have artists that are mad; they have their perfect chrome line of Moonmen and I've somehow ruined that symmetry ... I love that idea."

Check out the short video below for more details…


No comments:

Post a Comment