Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Onomatopoeia Exclusive Download: /ˈjedˌīak/ - “Dream Lights” (Ellie Goulding vs. Beyonce) & “Smack That End” (Akon feat. Eminem vs. Shlohmo)

Day two of our exclusive remix week and I’m going with a totally different vibe than yesterday’s efforts. First up is one I finished back in July called “Dream Lights;” which feature’s Ellie Goulding’s “Lights” over Beyonce’s “Sweet Dreams.” Two older songs for sure but I thought the mix was screaming to happen, so why not by me?

Second up is something I finished up last week and that I’m actually quite pleased with. I feel the re-work totally updates the Akon vocal and brings it right back to 2014.  The Omni Echelon remix of Shlohmo & Jeremih’s “Realize The End” does most of the heavy lifting though.

On a side note it’s crazy how many different commercially released versions of “Smack That” are available out there, I think I heard at least four but the Eminem one worked best.

I also want to give a shout out to my flat mate, Jason, who provided the art for "Dream Lights," not for nothing but sometimes it feels like a factory in here pumping out all this material!

Check back tomorrow for more tunes and listen, download and share today’s features from below…  

/ˈjedˌīak/ - Dream Lights (Ellie Goulding vs. Beyonce)
Ellie Goulding - "Lights" vs. Beyonce- "Sweet Dreams"
Recorded July 2014 in LIC, NY
120.14 BPM Key D#m
Art By Jason Vayanos
 

/ˈjedˌīak/ - Smack That End (Akon feat. Eminem vs. Shlohmo & Jeremih)
Akon & Eminem – “Smack That”” vs. Shlohmo & Jeremih - "Realize The End" (Omini Echelon Mix) Recorded August 2014 in LIC, NY
120.38 BPM Key Fm
Design By Jediak
 

No comments:

Post a Comment