Saturday, February 4, 2012

Video: Flying Circle - The Bones Brigade Interview


Last week The Flying Circle hung out with members of the legendary Bones Brigade skate team to discuss Stacy Peralta's latest film "Bones Brigade:An Autobiography." The 35 minute interview staring the crew’s core members Lance Mountain, Mike McGill, Rodney Mullen, Steve Caballero, Tommy Guerrero, Tony Hawk and Stacy himself finds the group discussing a wide range of topics ranging from the inception of the team to fame and beyond. Rodney really comes off as a Master Yoda type figure with his insight into skateboarding, his influence on the technical aspect of the sport really is untouchable. 

I really can’t wait to see this film, Powell Peralta and the Bones Brigade really are such an important part of my youth as they were the gateway into a lifelong love of the sport for me, but even going past that, a huge cultural and professional inspiration as well.  Bottom line, I studied graphic design because of the old Vernon Courtland Johnson graphics that adorned the Bones Brigade decks, I was swept away in the imagery before I even stepped on a deck so if you are anything like me this is a must see.


No comments:

Post a Comment