Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Onomatopoeia Exclusive Download: /ˈjedˌīak/ - “Missing Song 5” (Chance The Rapper vs. HAIM)

I’m off to Atlanta bright and early tomorrow morning to celebrate fellow Onomatopoeia contributor, Scraped Knee’s marriage!  I might update while I’m out there for the rest of the week, I might not, I figure might as well leave you all with something special.

Yes another remix/mashup but this one is a little different…

When I stuck Chance The Rapper’s “Missing You” on top of HAIM’s “My Song 5” all I could think is wow! No one is going to like this. But That’s the thing, more often than not my favorites aren’t going to line up with “your” favorites, it’s one of those ironies in life, you can spend five minutes on something that you find ho hum and people might love it while at the same time you can work your butt off on something and no one will pay any mind. I say this because the end result that is "Missing Song 5" is pretty weird, but in my opinion weird in the best way possible, completely giving each song new context and life.  Who knows, maybe you all will like it,  give it a spin from below and let me know…



/ˈjedˌīak/ - Missing Song 5 (Chance The Rapper vs. HAIM) Chance The Rapper - “Missing You” vs. HAIM – “My Song 5”
Recorded August 2014 in LIC, NY
159.95 BPM Key Em
Design by Jediak

No comments:

Post a Comment